Well it’s been a month of blogs. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried, and at the end of the day we’ve learned that if you set your mind to something you can do it.
I did miss a few days but I am proud to have kept it up all month long. It was fun, it was challenging. and most of all it was rewarding.
It’s made me stick to the discipline of something and it’s reminded me why I started my blog in the first place, to have fun with writing and thought.
I hope everyone reading along enjoyed reading these posts as much as I enjoyed writing them. I did realize I have a tendency to point out things I don’t like, it’s just so much easier to make fun of things, ya know?
So since this is my last daily blog I figured I’d tackle a few things I love.
- Root Beer: You don’t have to know me long to know I don’t just like Root Beer, I love it. I’m not saying the Promised Land was actually flowing with Root Beer & Honey, but I’m also not not saying it. It’s my nectar of life, the elixir of Lord Kinard, and the National Drink of the Isle of J.
- &: Oh I’m not talking about the word “and”. I’m talking about it’s sassy cousin, the ampersand. You see, I love that little symbol. I don’t know if it’s the shortcut aspect, or just how cute the dang thing is, either way I love using it to combine two thoughts. It’s stylish & sexy. Practical & genius. It’s a personal favorite & I just can’t get enough.
- $2 Bills: I mentioned this in my blog earlier this month, but when thinking of some of my favorite things I always have to include this. I get all my spending cash in $2 bills, why? Because I can. That’s why. Does it mean I’m twice as good as stripper because I carry a wallet of $2’s and not $1’s? No, but it does mean I carry half as many bills. The real reason is they’re unique, they spark conversation, and they always bring a smile to someone’s face. They call me “J $2 Dollars” and I’m okay with that (Okay no one calls me that).
- Stickers: Stickers are great for sticking on things. They’re also just a cool way to represent stuff you like and things you stand for. I’ve loved stickers since I was a little kid, and that’s always stuck with me.
- Notebooks: I have a disease when it comes to notebooks. I love them but I have such a hard time using them. It’s like if I write in it and change my mind the world might end (it hasn’t yet by why chance it). I’ve always liked the physical aspect of what a book is, cover & pages, and a notebook is just a book waiting to be written.
- Maps & Flags: maybe it’s just cause I like travel but I’ve always loved geography and with that comes maps & flags. They represent far away places and unknown adventures. They stand for knowledge & language. I always love to know where I’m going and I love to represent what I stand for, and maps & flags do just that.
So there you have it, I don’t hate everything.